Volunteer Ambassadors help to raise awareness of our work by attending events to talk about our work and encourage others to get involved in fundraising activity. This is a really important role as it helps us to reach new people, inspire new fundraising activity, and thank our supporters for the work they are doing.
• Attending invited events, for example community/social group meetings, school assemblies, and check presentations to give presentations/talk about the work of PWEN and the difference we are making, to inspire people to support us through fundraising, or to thank supporters for the fundraising they have completed
• Representing PWEN in a professional manner
• Making conversation with members of the public as appropriate, and answering questions about the nonprofit
• Promoting planned fundraising initiatives and activities
• Professional attire
• Volunteer ID badge
The benefits to you
• Experience working with a professional organization
• A sense of satisfaction and pride for helping to make a valuable difference
• Develop your skills
• References for future employers
• Meet new people Skills, experiences and qualities
• Personable, enthusiastic and approachable
• Confident in public speaking
What you can expect from PWEN
• An induction session to introduce you to the charity, recognize your skills and identify any ongoing support you may need from us in order to fulfil the role
• A designated point of contact for support and guidance, when needed
This is a flexible role to suit your availability, and as such there is no minimum time commitment. Volunteer Ambassadors will be contacted as appropriate and offered the opportunity to attend events to which we are invited.
Recruitment process Complete our simple online application form to express your interest in the role. We’ll arrange an informal meeting to discuss your application and the role.